- Lasts for at least five years
- Is a period of growth towards perpetual profession
- Provision is made for continued spiritual, religious, theological and apostolic formation.
- Greater emphasis on integration into community life and the ministries of the Congregation
- Where a Sister vows herself to God for life
- Perpetually professed Sisters strive continuously:to grow in holiness
- to follow more faithfully religious observance
- to dedicate themselves more fully to their assigned ministry