Dublin News and Events
Irish Dancing at Nazareth House Dublin
The Healy School of Irish Dance came to entertain the residents on Saturday afternoon, August 28th. A great display of Irish dancing was put on and it was wonderful to see the different generations chatting and reminiscing together.
Irish dancers posing for photos with our residents.
Residents and dancers with staff member Agnes whose granddaughter is a member of the Healy School of Irish Dance
Mini Marathon 2017
A number of our staff, sisters and friends ran/walked this year's ladies Mini Marathon to raise funds for our new building. A great day was had by all despite the rain... as well as raising some money for a great cause!
Thanks to everyone who participated and also sponsored people.
Gift Register Launch
On Friday April 28th we had the launch of our Gift Register, a fund-raising initiative which allows interested people make a donation to purchase a gift for the new nursing home e.g. the price of a bed, chair, desk, curtains etc. There was a great attendance from residents, staff, families, suppliers and a few TD’s! Our close neighbours Mount Temple Comprehensive School provided the music and displayed their wonderful talent. It was a most enjoyable afternoon.
SNIPPETS OF NEWS - April 2017
- The new chapel will not be built until the second phase of the project i.e. starting work in October for completion March 2018.
- All staff are presently undertaking new HSE training in “safeguarding vulnerable people” and we have had STAGE in also to educate residents on their rights regarding safeguarding.
- By popular demand the art classes have re-commenced and we look forward to another exhibition soon.
- Some fund-raising events for the new build have already commenced e.g. the lotto and there are plans for more. Please support as much as you can!
- We are happy to report the duck who crashed through the window upstairs has made a full recovery. The staff are still in shock though!
- Congratulations to Nurse Camilla on the birth of her twin boys!
Residents of Nazareth House Dublin attended a Mass for the 25th World Day of the Sick 2017 at St Gabriel's Church, Clontarf, celebrated by Archbishop Diarmuid Martin
Nazareth House Lotto launched November 2016
We are aiming to reach our fundraising goal of €2.6 million for the re-building of our existing home.
We need your support! You can do this by entering our weekly lotto draw. For only €2 per week or €100 per year (two weeks free) you can help provide our residents with a brand new, freely accessible, modern, comfortable home. Be in with a chance to win every week.
The draw will be held @ 3pm every Wednesday.