The history of the Sisters of Nazareth in Geraldton goes back to 1938
when the Sisters worked with the local Bishop to buy 20 acres of land north of Geraldton, close to the Indian Ocean.
The plans were drawn up by Monsignor Hawes in 1939, and Nazareth House Geraldton was opened in 1941.
A new extension was built in 1975 to accommodate 32 residents, and in 1994 a new Nursing Home was built to accommodate a further 45 residents.
Further renovations were undertaken in 2007, including the complete renovation of the original Hawes building, the relocation of the chapel, the completion of a new 40 bed dementia specific unit and linked garden, and the redesign and tiling of the extensive courtyard area.
The Sisters continue to have a presence in St Lawrence Parish School, Bluff Point. This is the only area in the Australasian region where the Sisters' ministry with children continues.