Considered by many to be Ballarat’s premier aged care facility
Nazareth House is continuing a long and proud tradition of providing a home for residents that matches excellent clinical care with a diverse social and occupational program which offers something of interest for all residents.
- Happy Hour is eagerly anticipated, as is the regular cooking, knitting, art and craft activities
- Concerts and excursions are well patronised and residents can also enjoy bowls or potter in the garden or the men’s shed
- The annual footy tipping competition is popular
- Special occasions such as Christmas, Easter, Mother’s and Father’s Day and major sporting events are always celebrated
- Less active residents enjoy poetry readings, personalised time with staff, visits from their families and local students
- And – a highlight for many – the weekly visit from a specially-accredited Delta dog who spends time with residents who miss the companionship of a pet
- Resident turtles and a blue and white budgie named Sky round out the menagerie.
Nazareth House staff are dedicated and caring, always providing extra individual attention to make residents feel special.
The community of Sisters is intimately involved in all aspects of the daily life of Nazareth House, supporting staff and residents through spiritual, pastoral, physical and social care.