The foundation stone for Nazareth House Wynnum was laid in March 1922
and the building known as the "Castle on the Hill" was opened in August 1925.
Within a few years it was providing accommodation and care for 100 elderly people and 90 children.
The Sisters' ministry with the children continued until the early 1980's. In 1984, a new nursing home was completed, and further renovations were carried out in the late 1980's.
In 2011, a major restoration and renovation of the chapel was completed
In 2012, after several years of planning by the Sisters, the Brisbane City Council approved a Development Application which will enable the renovation of part of the existing building, the construction of a new aged care facility, and the building of independent living units and apartments on the Wynnum site.
The new facility is essential to ensuring that aged care standards are met.
A community fund raising appeal will be launched to assist with funding the planned Nazareth Wynnum Community of Care.